Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 2020

While this entire year has been a blur, the month of October for some reason was exceptionally quite small. Like one moment, I was here planning winter feasts, writting about something nice for the blog. And the very next moment I take a look at the calender and somehow it's October 31st. I was on the verge of loosing my only resolution this year - the one of writing 12 posts, one for each month. 

Somehow I have managed to keep up with the challenge, with a couple of good posts and some mediocre ones. I kept the blog alive.

I had planned a lot of stuff and ideas. However nothing concrete came out of it. And this month was like crazy busy with work. I am almost clocking in 13- 14 hours every day. My entire schedule has been royally fucked. I am hardly getting any exercise, which is like really bad for my hormonal health. I am hardly making any tasty food. Hell, I am hardly finding time to eat and there's hardly any scope of inspiration in this routine whatsoever for writing. The reading has hitten a slow-down as well. I managed to read through only a couple of pages before dozing off. Hopefully next month should be better. And with so many festivals coming up, it better be!

October is really one of my favorite months, right after the birthday month of February. There is so much anticipation surrounding this month. So many festivals. More often than not there is also always some or the other wedding surrounding this time. Starting with navratri, then Dusshera, closely followed by karvachauth and then finally diwali and bhaidooj-0. I love how the markets are bustling during this time. The lights, exhibitions and that lovely nip in the year. It just smells so delicious.

This year ofcourse is like no other. All the above mentioned activities have either not been done or done with not the usual flare. I missed dressing up in colours for Navratri the most. And the big dandiya nights. Hopefully upcoming festivals though spent safely from home should be a bit better and exciting nontheless.

There is also a very disheartening news of some third wave of corona virus. Don't know when this shit will be over and thinks will be back to normals. However everything said and done, this time period from March to now has definitely taught many lessons. By the way writing about lessons learned from corona and quarantine was also one of the topic I has decided on to write for the blog! But then since it's just not ending, I am not really sure how many more lessons are there in store.

So maybe sometime next month or year! Gosh can you believe it's almost 2021. Sometimes I still feel it's March, the normal times right after which the world as we knew it changed, and how!

Here's hoping for things to get normal and soon.
Till then,
Stay home and safe guys!
Love:
Sepo

No comments:

Post a Comment