Friday, April 27, 2012

The Big Fat Indian Wedding


It had been months since I had wanted to go to a wedding. Enjoy the bright colors, the grandeur, food and the mere excitement involved in figuring out what to wear. I had been dying out to experience all these emotions involved in attending a wedding and not forget the free food! It is such an astonishing fact that we make such a big thing out of weddings, even if they are of a random acquaintance or even an old neighbor. Ladies will start planning for it weeks and months before. Frequent visits to beauty parlors days before the wedding are no strange scenario. Isn’t it amazing that we spend so much time, money, energy and thought over someone else’s wedding, when we know that we are not going to be the centre of attraction there. But I guess the whole ideology in India is such that everyone expects you to be dressed in nines when attending a wedding. Otherwise it would just be a scandal and a hot topic of gossip-y-discussion on the wedding.


There was a time I hated going to the weddings. Wearing that false forced smile plastered on your face. Random people hugging, kissing you and swearing to be your aunties and uncles. And finally when you brace yourself to get the food, the video camera guy suddenly decides to pop up and focus on your plate. All these reasons mounted together and I and my sister refused to attend any random weddings. So life was fun attending just close weddings.

After I left my home and shifted to Mumbai, I began craving the strangest things. I longed to eat the food I hated when I stayed at home and since the last few months I have badly wanted to go to a wedding. I actually missed the loud and over the top fun. So you can imagine it very well how I must have felt when I came to know that I am supposed to attend a wedding that too here in Mumbai and wait for the best part…. My relatives would be joining me for the wedding here in Mumbai. WoW … Right?

So I attended the wedding and it was like soooo relieving and such a nice break from my well, boring life! A farmhouse was booked in the outskirts of Goregoan Mumbai where are the wedding guests stayed and had lots and lots of fun. The days were filled with lots of gossips, fun and Kashmiri food. The nights were filled with some more fun and loud foot tapping Kashmiri music. Exactly what I needed. The wedding was awesome and the food was great. The opportunity to dust off my vanity was also a very welcome change. By now I am sure you guys are dying to see what I wore for the wedding, so here’s a glimpse.  


I kept my make-up , outfit and accessories all very subtle and simple. It was a day wedding and anyhow I don't really like the loud outfits!

Do let me know your views on weddings and stuff

Love:
SEPO


14 comments:

  1. Marriage functions are joyful for all and have sweet memory for all. Only two actually married are exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are the times when everyone is in costumes raring to go for the shoot 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sneha-ji
    First, you should never give up wearing a saree coz it suits ur persona. I have never been fond of attending weddings-i find it boring and not to mention the inquisitive and irritating relatives-when u planning to get married..arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I can't stop thinking that marriages is more show-off than anyhthg else.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking gorgeous than ever in the pic..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love attending wedding functions...and I miss being in home...when earlier i was in patna i used to go to every wedding party...and i enjoy a lot there..so many ppl to meet..so many happy faces and food...I miss attending those wedding party so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i too love weddings ..everyhting invlove in attending the wedding is the awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog you have shared for wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your outfit.. you look beautiful... and I love to attend weddings of near and dear ones only :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! attending weddings of close family circle helps to meet up with long missed cousins, usually people are busy with their lives, so such functions are like a nice get-together!! :)

    Happy for you that you finally got the chance to attend a traditional Kashmiri style of wedding after a long time! :) Saree suits you well, you look very pretty :)

    Cheers,
    Sai :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look nice and elegant. I love weddings. I love the drama ;) hehe

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The event planner nice and lovley. Both of photographey and decoration. Using Aluminium Scaffolding To Finish the job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Such a interesting post. I am waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jat Marriage Bureau | Best Jat Marriage Bureau Free WebSite
    Jat Marriage Bureau site free of cost service at Bharatpur, we are here for weds at local place, contact us directly 8104424174 Developer Number 9694579378 .Visit Our Site : Jatmarrigebureau.com
    http://jatmarrigebureau.com
    Jat Marriage, Marriage of Jat, Jat Marriage Bureau, Best Marriage Site, Best Marriage Website, Free Marriage, Marriage Bureau

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is really nice and pretty well maintained, thanks for it and keep updating.

    Hindu Grooms and Bride

    ReplyDelete