Monday, January 7, 2013

Sitcoms, Stuff & Me

This post has been heavily inspired by the back to back episodes of various series that I follow.The more I watch them, greater is the effect they have on me . The independence, the friendship and the fun just gets you so high. I remember when I started watching friends I got so crazy that I started fantasizing about what if I lived in that show. Initially I was Rachael (because she is the character I relate to the most) but then I became a Indian friend to the group. I spent days and nights thinking about how the story would continue with my presence and whether I would hook-up with Joey or Ross. Sounds Crazy, I know, but this is the kind of affect it had on me.





Now, at this stage in my life when I am living alone and away from home. These shows are all the more appealing and realistic. I can totally relate to Rachel, the super-spoilt Daddy's girl-turned-into-smart-independent-woman. Apart from Rachel, other fictional characters I relate to are Jerry Seinfeld from Seinfeld and Carrie Bradshaw from SATC. Jerry with his weird friends and neighbors. I am not very neighbor friendly but I have had my share of weird roommates. The only aspect of Carrie that I relate to is her passion for writing.I can kill for a job like her. A column for a newspaper, though not on the same topic as hers.





Apart the the independence and the style, what I really dig is the relationship portrayed between the friends. They are like family and the only support system in the big bad world. The kind of friends you can share your dark dirty secret without the fear of them being judgmental. I am grateful for each person in my life who has given me the same kind of love and trust. They say good things happen to good people. If this is true then I must have done some really good stuff in my past lives to have been bestowed with a great bunch of angels I call friends.


I need a lot of time to actually trust a person. I am friendly no doubt but to really expose my emotions, I need a lot of time. Somehow I don't feel comfortable telling people about myself. Even my closest friends would not know many a things about me. I guess I picked up this trait from my dad who too is very secretive by nature. He always says "The lesser you speak, lesser will be the amount of nonsense uttered". This virtue is imbibed so well in me that my friends usually have this complain of how I never speak out and share. There are less than a handful of people in my world with whom I can dare to open up my heart and be the real me :-)

I thank God dearly for them. They are reason behind the person I am. They have been directly or indirectly responsible for helping me cope up with crisis and distress. They have witnessed me at my best and the worst. The patient recipients of my crying fit calls and mood swings. The advice givers behind my numerous costume changes every morning. The unlucky ones who I drag along for the dangerous obsession I call shopping. The patient answers for the same questions I ask five hundred forty times. The ones who survive my cooking. The ones who put up with me when I act like a 5 year old. The one who still be friends with me when I shout and sing randomly at movie theaters. 

Well, you may be thinking that as a person I am quite dramatic and theatrical. But you know what I don't care about anything as long as  I have the magic beans (from Jack and the bean stalk) who make life worth living.

P.S I know this post is neither here nor there. Doesn't make much sense but I am suffering from such a writer's block that whatever is coming on my fingers, I am just typing away.

P.P.S Rendezvous just turned 3 on December 19. Due to the whole Delhi Rape incident I did not want to go into the whole celebration mode with a special post like every year. So this time the hapiness of coming this far is just kept inside. But yea like I always say this would never have been possible without your support.3 years of blogging has given me more that 100 followers and some very dear friends across geographies. What more could I have asked for.




Lots of Love:
SePo




7 comments:

  1. enjoyable post as we get a glimpse of your self..congo for turning three SEPO::)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on 3 dear friend..v will all be together for a long time god willing..wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Achha, belated happy birthday to Rendezvous :)
    by the way Prison break, 24, big bang theory and Hereos have same effect on me.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifull... u write ur heart out here...dat just signifies dat u can b vulnerable at times.. as u reveal ur trueself right here..:) keep it up ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on Rendezvous turning 3 :) Wish you good luck, enjoy reading your posts, glad to be your blogger friend, keep writing more, Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete