Thursday, June 24, 2010

FrUsTrAtEd....




I had heard a number of stories related to the post exam (read last exam of engineering) syndrome. Seniors used to tell how the devil-may-care attitude would go down in the drain.....! I knew I would be acquainted with it, sooner or later. But little did I know, that these worry worms are gonna get me as soon as this. I mean WT*,, it’s only been two days since I gave my last exam. I am supposed to be enjoying, shopping, or doing other things, thinking about which I used to get the drive to study....!!


But here I am (minus the spunk). Getting super duper worried tense and frustrated. About what you ask.......?? One word for you guys...! FUTURE (with capital F). Innocent as it may sound, but these days it has become one word which drives me to wits end. Aaarrrgggggghhhhh....!


I fail to understand, why suddenly anybody and everybody has become so concerned and worried about my future. From relatives to friends, neighbours to cousins...!! I won’t be surprised if tomorrow morning the dhoodhwala asked me the same thing “didi, aage ka kya soocha...?”.


You guys must be wondering, what’s about these innocent sounding questions that making me so crazy (actually crazy is a very mild world, they make me pull out all my hair grrr, and mind you I LOVE my hair). The thing is that, I haven’t decided anything. Yea. I don’t even have a slightest idea as to what I have to/want to do....! A job? Further studies...? Anything else...? Nothing else :P ...?


Blank blank blank...! I know nothing. I can’t understand why people can’t just mind their own business. Already I am so pissed off at myself, for being so indecisive (1 min- a job, after 5 mins- I think I should study, after 15 mins- job = money=wow, after half an hour – I am young abhi, I should study........... goes on and on,,,, at one point I was even considering English honours..!). Last thing I want is a bunch of people dancing on my head and baffling me.


Okie, any sort of career related guidance/information/suggestion is welcome....!

p.s I am an electronics and communication engineer... freshly out of college, into the big bad world...!

5 comments:

  1. ahhh. .. i can understand why the sudden frustration ... vandy told me about your talk with ur bhaderwah friend today :P
    relax yaa.. jo mukaddar main hoga, hoke rahega... frtting over it wont get it to you sonner or faster ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. अरे ये तो सब के साथ होता है स्नेहा जी, पढाई एक बार खत्म हो जाए फिर दुनिया जहान के लोग ये पूछने आ जाते हैं की "आगे का करना है जी तुमको?क्या सोचे हो?" दुनिया की फ़िक्र न करें..

    ये सब बात से फ़िक्र मत कीजिये, आप तो इंजिनियर हैं और आपको इंजीनियरिंग में अच्छी जॉब मिल जायेगी..अच्छे जोब्स आ रहे हैं अभी, जहाँ तक मेरी जानकारी है ..
    बस थोड़ा धैर्य रखें आपको बहुत अच्छी जॉब मिलेगी, साथ साथ अगर कोई कोर्स करना चाहे तो वो भी कर सकती हैं, काफी मदद मिलती है...Industry Related कोर्स से...certificate course करना कोई बुरा नहीं है... ये भी एक किस्म की पढाई, जानकारी है जो की अच्छी बात ही है ...


    वैसे एक बात और कहना चाहूँगा, पता नहीं आपको याद हो या न हो...लेकिन पुराना ज़माना मैंने देखा है, मुझे याद भी है सब....मेरे छोटे मामा जब अपना की पढाई किये, सब बोलते थे की उनको जॉब लेने में कोई दिक्कत नहीं होगी...लेकिन उन्होंने जो कष्ट सहे हैं मैं जानता हूँ....वो विचलित भी नहीं हुए थे नेगटिव फीडबैक या असफलताओं से.....हमारे पास फिर भी एक पोसिटिव बात है की हमें नेगटिव फीडबैक नहीं मिलती आजकल :) ज्यादा हुआ तो एक कंपनी रिजेक्ट किया तो दूसरे ने अक्सेप्ट :)

    अभी के ज़माने में हमारे पास ये एक सुविधा है की ओपसन की कमी नहीं है, पहले के ज़माने में सोचिये तो ओपसन ही नहीं थी....वहां उनके पास कोई चाह या सेलेक्सन नहीं था की हमें इस फिल्ड में जाना है या उस फिल्ड में...उन्हें बस नौकरी की फ़िक्र रहती थी...आज के ज़माने में हज़ार ओपसन हैं हमारे पास फिर भी चिंता बनी रहती है....

    ये मैंने इसलिए कहा की मैं अक्सर पुराने ज़माने और अपने बड़ों की बातों से इंस्पीरेसन लिया करता हूँ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. buddy hey good post ya..shall i say something as a good friend..i d suggst go for further studies ya...the more u strengthen yrself the more advantage u have in job market..i realised this weakness myself at some point...and thanks for the comment.u desrve a treat...come to dubai hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.......
    i knw,,,i knw....can understand....
    but u mentioned dat u r worried...so how can i miss d chance to say....**S-3** :p
    p.s. english honours...!!!!!

    cheers..! n yea...dun pull ur hair...try scratching ur head :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnx everyone, for your support, concern...!
    humbled

    ReplyDelete