Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Unfulfilled Resolutions

I had a teeny tiny resolution for last year. To keep this blog updated,  one post per month. Despite the shit storm that the last year was, I managed to keep up with this resolution right until the end. But I faltered toward the very end - the December month post got missed and messed up. And I got so  disappointed that it took me almost 2 months to start writing again.

So, the thing is that I actually had everything planned out for the last post of the year. It was a topic very close to me and since it was a  flash back post - I had all the artifacts keep ready and a draft all set in my phone for a long night of editing. But then I lost my phone. And before you ask no I did not take the backup.

Since I am a procrastinator, all this prep was obviously towards the very end of the month. Next 2,3 days were spend in crying over the lost phone, FIRs, duplicate sim quest and search for a new phone. By this time I was totally drained out of any creative energy and with the draft and artifacts all lost I would have to recreate everything from the scratch.  But for the sake of my resolution, I still planned to write atleast a little something to kind of conclude the year. 

Cut to the last night of the year,  I am working, ah yes and watching Rockstar and planning to write a quick post right after I finish my office work. But just like it was 12 and I was still knee deep in my office work. And the window for my last post of the year was gone, and with it my resolution. In hindsite it was probably not right to spend last night and first few hours of a new year doing office work, coz ever since I have just been working non-stop. Anyhow other than not writing I have spend most of the new year working like a robot, stealing in some time for book reading, a little bit of netflix, zero exercise with has resulted in couple of extra killos straight to my tummy and a lot of pimples.

Now last year is gone and have already lost 2 months for the 1 post per month resolution to be successful.  So we will come up with an improvised resolution for writing whatever and whenever irrespective of whether it makes sense or not. 

The blog for the longest time has been my personal space to vent but as I have started to share it with more people,  I feel like I have lost the freedom to say and write what actually is on my mind. I already have a very people pleasing, non confrontational personality, my writing and this blog was specifically to let me vent out, share what's actually happening inside my brain while I just smile and nod my head.

This year it will be more on speaking err writing fearlessly.
Cheers to that!

Stay safe and wear a mask.

Love:
Sepo

No comments:

Post a Comment